Discussion: Met him brieflyReported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts

Posted Anonymously
Met him briefly
Dec 22 2012, 5:08 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2012, 5:08 AM EST
Several years back I was working in a Hotel in Cardiff on the front desk. I'd had the weekend off and returned back to work on Monday morning. For something to read during breaks I picked up "THE STONE COLD DEAD IN THE MARKET" Uncle story to read,- one of my favorites as begining is set in Newport, Wales. Around 4pm who should walk through the hotel entrance, but Mr Solo himself. It appears he as in Cardiff doing some recording for BBC. He approached the desk and politely I said Good afternoon Mr Vaughn how could I help you. Igave him the name of a good Indian restaurant nearby & he left.
Later that evening on his return he came & thanked me for the choice. I quickly asked him if he would sign something for me, which he did.
Next morning I was on the early shift when he left & assisted him with his luggage. He did offer me a money tip which I tried to refuse saying that He'd already given more enjoyment & pleasure not only as Mr Solo but in his many film & TV appearances. He still insisted that I took the tip which I have framed alongside an autographed picture.
A great actor & a human being.
10  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Met him briefly
Dec 22 2012, 5:10 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2012, 5:10 AM EST
"Several years back I was working in a Hotel in Cardiff on the front desk. I'd had the weekend off and returned back to work on Monday morning. For something to read during breaks I picked up "THE STONE COLD DEAD IN THE MARKET" Uncle story to read,- one of my favorites as begining is set in Newport, Wales. Around 4pm who should walk through the hotel entrance, but Mr Solo himself. It appears he as in Cardiff doing some recording for BBC. He approached the desk and politely I said Good afternoon Mr Vaughn how could I help you. Igave him the name of a good Indian restaurant nearby & he left.
Later that evening on his return he came & thanked me for the choice. I quickly asked him if he would sign something for me, which he did.
Next morning I was on the early shift when he left & assisted him with his luggage. He did offer me a money tip which I tried to refuse saying that He'd already given more enjoyment & pleasure not only as Mr Solo but in his many film & TV appearances. He still insisted that I took the tip which I have framed alongside an autographed picture.
A great actor & a human being."
Sorry forgot to include my name
Anthony McCarthy
Known as TONY mac
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?